IMDTB - Impulse Control - Sat 21st November 2020
When: Saturday, 21st November 2020 10:00 am
Where: Positive Dog Training, Unit T2, Birch Avenue, Stillorgan Industrial Estate, Sandyford, Dublin 18
Price: 120.00Book Now
Course Presenter: Dave Brice:-
A one day special seminar open to all, dedicated to providing a comprehensive study of Impulse Control in dogs.
The day combines theory, video case studies and exercises for you to take back home to put into practice.
You will cover:-
- What actually is impulse control?
- Why is it important for dogs from a physiological and psychological perspective?
- Why is it important to owners?
- How do we assess if impulse control needs increasing?
- What’s breed got to do with it?
- The positive side effects of increasing impulse control on daily life
- Groundwork and foundations before training
- How to implement impulse control within the client’s daily routine
- Case studies and protocols for working with client’s and their dogs
- ‘Take-Home’ impulse control exercises to put into practise
This is a seminar type course with practical demonstrations with dogs that are pre assessed to be on site. Those attending the course are not permitted to bring dogs along with them with the exception of register guide dogs or assistance dogs.
We also ask those attending to please not bring dogs along and leave them in the cars. This is uncomfortable for the dogs and too long a day for dogs to be left unattended.
Venue – Positive Dog Training, Unit T2, Birch Avenue, Stillorgan Industrial Estate Sandyford. A94 D283
Contact Number – 01 9013018
Start time 10am sharp
Tea, Coffee, Light refreshments and full hot lunch will be provided on site.
Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:-
- Cancellations within 0-7 days prior to the start date will be charged the full course fee,
- Cancellations within 7-21 days prior to the start date will be charged 50% of the full course fee.
- If the participant fails to attend the course the full course fees are payable.
Cancellation policy applies to all courses advertised for sale on the Positive Dog Training website.
Dave has written and tutored in full time adult education
Consultancy work for the Centre of Applied Pet Ethology
Dave is the Head Tutor for the Accredited Correspondence courses for the IMDT
Dave has consulted for Wood Green Animal Shelters and the RSPCA
Working closely with veterinary profession, Dave provides Continued Professional Development (CPD) for vets and vet nurses within the practice environment.
All IMDTB courses have been awarded 6 CPD points for one day courses and 12 CPD points for two day courses by The CPD Standards Office